Monday, August 16, 2004

Hello world.

Eight or 9 years ago, while I was living in Pacific Beach, in San Diego, I played the role of auteur for 6 months and actually succeeded in writing down my autobiography. I still find the story fascinating, as it is my own personal story, but it seems that I am the only person who feels this way. As one friend put it, "Who wants to read about someone who isn't famous?"

I did manage to talk one old friend into reading my autobiography, but he only read one chapter, the one entitled "Mr. Cat." He liked it and still says he thinks it is very good, but I have long ago given up asking him to read any more of it.

The book consists of ten chapters. I particularly like the ones entitled "The Radio" and "The Alley." I would be delighted if you read some of my autobiography yourself.

Having gotten my autobiography out of my system, I am at this late date ready to discuss subjects other than my own life. So here's my blog. Of course I am only a layman in every subject under the sun, and my inept guesses at possible ways to think about big questions are subjects for scholars far more knowledgeable than I am to write books about. But I do muddle on, so let's see if I have anything interesting to say.

No comments: